Local Telephone Service
Residential Calling Plan: $24.55 (without taxes and fees) Including 2000 minutes of calling to the surrounding communities of Albion, Charlotte, Eaton Rapids, Marshall, Parma, Olivet, Onondaga, Parma, Rives-Tompkins.
Business Calling Plan: $26.80 – Including 2000 minutes of calling to the surrounding communities of Albion, Charlotte, Eaton Rapids, Marshall, Parma, Olivet, Onondaga, Parma, Rives-Tompkins.
The earliest records indicate that Springport Telephone Company has been providing local telephone service in the Springport area for almost 100 years. A lot has changed in that time but one thing that has stayed the same is our commitment to bring the most advanced technologies to our rural business and residential customers.
The telecommunications industry is in an exciting time. There are lots of changes and choices available to our customers. As our customers evaluate those choices, it’s important to remember the value of traditional landline telephone service. Landline service is important for many reasons:
- Emergency 911 service -911 dispatchers use a phone number database to pin point a caller’s location to send them help and cell phone numbers are not part of that database.
- Weather related outages – Remember that big storms may knock out cell phone reception. It’s important to keep a landline as a reliable backup.
- Unlimited Local Calling – Your landline provides unlimited local calling and can be used to avoid cell phone minute limits.
- Reliability – landlines don’t have a battery that needs to be charged and if you keep a corded landline telephone, it will work even in power outages.
- You need a landline to have DSL Internet service.
- Quality of Service – dropped calls and spotty reception are virtually nonexistent with landlines. You can complete your call without worrying about the quality of the connection.
- At Springport Telehone Company, when you call our office, you speak to a live person. You get personalized quality service from a local provider.
Pricing & Policy
New Installation – $35.00 (Includes 1st cable outlet if needed)
Additional Outlets – $20.00 each (This is a one time charge)
Reconnect Fee – $25.00
Seasonal Reconnect – $15.00 (Requires 3 week notice)
Service Call – $25.00 (Changes to service after initial installation)
Service Calls on Reception Quality & Outages – No Charge (If determined to be customers wiring or faulty equipment, $45.00)
*Before installation or reconnect appointment, all fees and charges for Springcom services must be paid in full.
*We do not require a long term contract but do require a full month of service & connections to be paid.