NETWORK MANAGEMENT POLICIES
Springcom, Inc. is committed to providing broadband access based on network management policies that protect, empower and maximize the benefits of the Internet experience for all customers.
Springcom, Inc. will manage its network and provide access in accordance with the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC’s) Open Internet Rules (adopted December 21, 2010) and in compliance with any future Internet policies or rules adopted by the FCC. To ensure Open Access to the Broadband Internet, Springcom, Inc. will not unjustly or unreasonably:
- Block, interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to access, use, send, post, receive, or offer lawful content (including fair use), applications, or services of the user’s choice;
- Block, interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to connect and use the end user’s choice of legal devices that do not harm the network;
- Prevent or interfere with competition among network, application, service or content providers;
Engage in discrimination against any lawful Internet content, application, service or service provider with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions;
- Give preference to affiliated content, applications, or services with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions;
- Charge a content, application or service provider for access to the Company’s broadband Internet access service end users based on differing levels of quality of service or prioritized delivery of Internet protocol packets;
- Prioritize among or between content, applications, and services or among or between different types of content, applications, and services.
Springcom, Inc. will
- Provide connections and transport services to the public Internet to customers;
Negotiated in good faith with all requesting parties making a bona fide request for interconnection or wholesale services;
Provide rates and terms for interconnection that are reasonable and nondiscriminatory.
- Springcom, Inc. offers its customers unrestricted access to all of the lawful content, services, and applications available on the Internet. Springcom, Inc. uses industry standard tools and generally accepted best practice and policies to protect customers from spam, phishing, and other unwanted or harmful online content and activities. In the instances where these tools and policies identify online content as harmful or unwanted, the content may be prevented from reaching customers, or customers may be permitted to identify or inspect content to determine if it is harmful or unwanted.
- Springcom Inc. offers Internet access on a flat-fee basis (plus taxes). Springcom, Inc. does not charge end users a usage based fee for Internet service.
Springcom, Inc. affords full access to all lawful content, service, and applications available on the Internet and does not routinely monitor, inspect, or store the network activity and traffic of its Internet service users. However, Springcom, Inc. reserves the right to monitor bandwidth, usage, transmissions and content for purposes of protecting the integrity of the network and Springcom, Inc’s Internet access service through reasonable network management practices.
Network traffic, activity, performance information, and equipment information monitored or collected by Springcom, Inc. is done for the sole purpose of reasonable network management purposes.
Springcom, Inc. is required to comply with relevant laws, regulations and judicial orders.
For more information or if you have any questions regarding Springcom Inc. Network Management Policies, you may contact us by calling our business office at 517-857-3500, writing to us at PO Box 208, Springport, MI 49284, by visiting our office at 400 E Main St., Springport, MI or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org